Chia seeds may be tiny, but you’ll be surprised how much nutrition and benefits they pack!
Chia seeds benefits go way back to even Aztec times when warriors would keep a small pouch around their waist to keep them energized. Chia even means “strength” in Mayan!
Chia seeds are super easy to add into your diet. You can get tons of great health benefits by just adding a tablespoon or two to smoothies, pancakes, muffins, and more!
Check out this nifty infographic for a quick overview of why chia seeds are a fantastic addition to your diet.
They say that the best things come in small packages, and chia seeds are definitely one of those things!
What I love about chia seeds is that they can be used in a variety of ways. I like mixing them into my muffins, oatmeal, and smoothies. I also enjoy trying new recipes like these cherry Garcia cups!
Cherry Garcia Chia Pudding
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop IdealRaw Vanilla Protein
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 3 tbsp. IdealRaw Organic Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- ½ c pitted cherries
1. Mix almond milk, Vanilla IdealRaw Protein, almond extract, and chia seeds until combined. Fold in cherries.
2. Divide evenly between mini mason jars or bowls. Refrigerate overnight (or at least 8 hours) and enjoy!
Serves 4. Serving size: 1 mason jar or bowl.
Calories per serving: 125 / Protein 6g / Carbs 13g / Fat 7g
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 8 + hours
What’s your favorite way to use chia seeds? Let me know in the comments!