- 3 c fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 3/4 c cold water
- 6 oz vegan strawberry gelatin (or 2 tbsp. agar agar flakes)
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 3 tbsp. cane sugar
- Vegan whipped topping (such as So Delicious (optional))
For Pie Crust
- 1 c + 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c IdealRaw Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 3-4 tbsp. ice water
For Pie Crust
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Put flour, salt, and sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine. Cut in cold (solid) coconut oil until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs. Stir in ice water gradually until mixture forms a dough.
- Bring to the table and knead briefly to form a ball.
- Roll dough with rolling pin to form a circle large enough to cover 9″ pie pan.
- Carefully lift the dough and place it over pie pan, tucking sides into the pan. Dock bottom of crust with a fork to prevent bubbles when baking.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool.
For Strawberry Filling
- Prepare strawberries by hulling and slicing. Place in cooled pie crust.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until dissolved. Bring to a boil then stir in sugar and vegan gelatin (or agar agar flakes).
- Remove from heat and stir until dissolved and thick.
- Pour over strawberries in pie crust and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until set.
- Serve with whipped topping and enjoy!